Monday 28 December 2009

And I thought you Ho's were my friends. Hmph.

Yep, that's right bitches, Stan's not happy.


If you're unhappy, I'm unhappy Stan, what did the Ho's do?

Well Edward, it's more about what they didn't do.

I like fanfic.  A lot.  It's no secret.  I've read a lot of the biggies and I've recommended fics for fic virgins.  I've always recommended three for starters: The Office (RIP), Clipped Wings & Inked Armour, and Wide Awake.  Followed by the words, "I've not actually read Wide Awake but it's meant to be good."

I've even mentioned on here that I've never read it.  It's been on my list since the beginning of my fanfic days, but for no reason in particular I've just never started it.  Until yesterday.

OMG, IT'S BLOODY BRILLIANT, WHY DID NONE OF YOU BIATCHES FORCE ME TO READ IT BEFORE NOW???

Ok, so I don't particularly like being bossed about, but I'm a bit rubbish, my memory is virtually non-existent and I do have to be gently prodded and nudged occasionally and you would definitely have been my favourite person by now had  you been the one Ho with enough about you to stand up and say:

"Hey, Stan!  Get your Edbrella over to Wide Awake and get that fucker read!"

So, now I'm going to stand up and say:

"Hey, Ho's!  If any of you haven't read Wide Awake *looks pointedly at Lisa* get clicking on this here Wide Awake link and get that fucker read!"

Now, you better all hope that by the time I finish and get back over here, I'm in a good enough mood to have forgiven you all.


19 comments:

TwiWeasel said...

GAH!! *throws hands up in exasperation* You'd better not be including me in that, Biatch! I've told you loads of times to get your ass over there and read that fucker!! OK, maybe not those exact words, but still...I TOLD YOU SO!!! Sheesh! *massive eye roll* And don't you even think of getting that twitchy palm near my ass, Edward! Oh, wait...nevermind.

TwiWeasel said...

PS...Yay! I'm first! And second?

Stan said...

Look, I needed threats, just telling me I really need to read it does not count. Not letting anyone off ;o)

Stoney said...

LOL...Wide Awake was my gateway fic...

It is brilliant. Welcome to the Wide Awake fan club. Now I want some cookies...

TigerlilyRose said...

Yeesh! OK, so I haven't made my way into Wide Awake yet, it has been on my to do list, Really! I swear it! I even had it saved in my Bookmarks for when I got to it. I will be starting it today...now that I have been threatened...LOL.

Drgnflygrl said...

One of the best Twilight FF EVER! I'm so glad you are reading it. :) I started CW & IA at your suggestion and LOVE Tattward. He is currently starring in ALL of my fantasies.

TigerlilyRose said...

@Drgnflygrl...UMMMM, Tattward...he rules my fantasy world! *groans*

Anonymous said...

While you were pointing at Lisa, I was standing behind her hiding because I'm just as guilty. Don't throw your umbrella at me!!!
I'll get to it, but it won't be as good as yours...I'm not in it.

TwiWeasel said...

@ Stan - You are just looking for someone else to blame for your own short-sightedness...I suppose I'll shoulder the blame...this time.

@ Stoney - It was my first, too. Bring on the cookies!!

@ Mrs. P - I've got an email started to you...

Mama Cougar said...

HOLY SHIT!! You were a Wide Awake virgin??? Jeeeeezus. Had I known this particular piece of damning info, I would have forced you to pop that cherry LONG ago!

God, don't you just adore Angstward?

MC

mmMoxie said...

It's about fucking time! Wide Awake is one of the two FFs I've ever read. Loved it!

Zanymouse said...

The two chapters of Wide Awake I printed off are still sitting there, unread. I'm trying, I'm trying! At least I'm not alone. New Year's resolution anyone?

17foreverlisa said...

Usually Mrs. P is under me, but now I see she's behind me. That's one we haven't tried before ;)

I don't know how you guys find the time to read all of the ff!! I want to. I start to. Then I get distracted with blogging and RL. I promise that Wide Awake will be the next one I tackle. It was going to be the rest of yours, Stan. Hmph!

Lisa

P.S.: Anyone ever download ff to an iPod Touch? I read that you can but want to know the best way to do it. I just can't bring myself to print it out on paper and leave it laying around somewhere (work/home).

Twi-Me? said...

OK, here goes, "Hey Stan, Get your Edbrella over to The Blessing and the Curse (by The Black Arrow) on Fanfiction.net and get that fucker read!!" Of course, after you are finished with Wide Awake. Which was GREAT, of course, but so is The Blessing and the Curse. WoW - ladies you need to be reading this one. Dark, Sexyward. You want to hate him but just can't. Fab fab fab.

Dangrdafne said...

Had I been reading your blog enough to see that you hadn't read Wide Awake and knew you well enough to threaten, I would have. I loved that story.

@ Twi-Me? I am going to add The Blessing and the Curse next. Thanks

@Lisa - get thee to Wide Awake and get reading!

NibbleitPattinsonakaNebilet said...

Er I'm sure I've mentioned before that I was reading it and it was great. Hmmm now I'm not so sure I did. OK, Stan go read Wide Awake, its really good. My work here is done-goodbye pmsl

Cake That Nikki said...

I just finished Wide awake *sigh*

*Jelly Belly * said...

I haven't read Wide Awake either. I just finished CW&IA two days ago, and now I need a break fromo fanfic. But I want to read Wide Awake, definitely. It's on my list.

Fire Crotch said...

For those of you reading WA...check out cutie's blog because she did an awesome discussion about it a few months ago...it was truly epic!