Tuesday 15 June 2010

Hmmm what to post about?


Helllooo, how's it going? Everyone ok?




Its one of those days; I have no idea what to post about but I said I would post today because I have been sadly lacking in the posting stakes lately...yes I know I have been ill.


Anyhoo, whats been happening with me, well in my excitement of waiting for the new True Blood book I have re read all the books...twice and still it hasn't arrived. So I read Jo Brands...Look Back in Hunger which is hilarious. For the ho's across the pond Jo Brand is a female alternative comedian who started out as a psychiatric nurse...lotsa laughs there! This is the story of her life so far and I loved it. ...still no book...sigh so I then read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Everyone has been raving about it and although I found it a little blah at first I found I couldn't put it down and now of course I've got to read the other two books that go with it.....Stiiiiiilll no book, even though it has been dispatched and my friend had a card saying they tried to deliver hers ggggrrrrrrr so now I'm reading Peter Robinson's Piece of my Heart. If you have not heard of him he writes thrillers regarding an Inspector Banks so they are based on police work, crimes, etc but also about his and his colleagues lives. A bit like Ian Rankin or writers of that ilk but I find them much easier to read and very compelling. I read...a lot...massively I usually have a couple of books on the go at least and love to get lost in a good book. The escape, the being unable to put it down because you HAVE to know what happens next. I pity anyone in a way who doesn't read because they miss out on so much.


So many books, so little time....oooh hello young man


What does Rob like to read...probably he has nothing but scripts to go through right now I mean he is THE hot ticket at the moment. But he does like Nine Stories by JD Salinger, Martin Amis and John Niven. Although he may have been reading them as background info on characters etc.



Here's Kellan and the Facinator pouring over New Moon, possibly wondering why Tay gets more space than them!




Kellan reading agian, he likes to read apparently...especially in tree's...and he likes to eat books too so it seems!



Hmmm can't seem to find a picture of Jackson reading, although I suspect music magazines may count for a lot. Had this photo from Jackson Rathbone online, its from the Buzznet interview...not sure about the hair there Jackson!

Right I'm off my book is calling me....what books, not fan fics are you reading now and what sort of books do you like to read. I'm a re-reader, I keep books I like and re read them. Because I speed read I tend to enjoy books over and over as I miss little parts. How about you guys?

11 comments:

NibbleitPattinsonakaNebilet said...

I love horror and thriller type books generally. I remember reading Interview with the Vampire when I was about 10 years old, not understanding a lot of it but falling in love with vampires lol

TwiWeasel said...

Hey Nibs!! Let me clarify something...YOU are not lacking in the post department. I AM!! Look back!! Seriously, when was my last post? Oh, yeah...my premature blogulation for CFF on Rob's Birthday week. *grin*

I love reading historical romances. Either that or Stephen King or Dean Koontz stories...but not right before bed. Gives me creepy dreams. *shudder*

Laters, chicks!

Musing Bella said...

I've been reading the latest Stephen King (except I think another has come out since I started this one, LOL) "Under the Dome" for about 6 months. I just can't get through it, I don't know why. I'm in a book club, so I read all sorts of things, but left on my own I read a lot of supernatural romance, mysteries, thriller and horror books. I love reading, and usually have at least two books going at once (but my other at the moment is Twi-lated, so I'm leaving it out per your request!).
Mwah!

Becky said...

Afternoon!!

I love reading too, once I start a book I can never put it down.

I love all the Anne Rice books, esp all about the Taltos. I love Patricia Cornwell books too, she is a Forensic Pathologist, fab. I love thrillers, mysteries and all the fantasy fiction stuff ( elves and such, lol).

I dont like sad endings, at all.

Becky said...

mm I guess I should add that since discovering ffn, I haven't read a 'real' book in ages!!

*hangs head*

Unknown said...

I've been readiing the Sookie Stackhouse series. And before that The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I'll read just about anything providing the first 50 pages suck me in :)

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

Nibbles, feel better baby, kay?

Hey!!! I am reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo right now, and I'm right at the part where he just accepted the invitation to investigate the murder. Sooo, the book is hard to read though, no? But you say it gets better, I'm determined to finish it.

Anonymous said...

I like to read twi-sted edbrella. Love you nibs!

Anonymous said...

I agree with him.

Toefunny said...

Fun post!!

Anne Rice has been my long time fall back companion

But I also love Laurell K. Hamilton, both the Anita Blake and Mary Gentry Series

Kelley Armstrong's Bitten is one of the hottest werewolf stories I have EVER read. I am still waiting in the woods for a hot blonde werewolf with a southern accent to take me up against a tree.

Blood Sucking Fiends and Bite Me by Christopher Moore are absolutely hysterical

At this very moment, I'm reading Water for Elephants...Research ya know!! hehehhee

Stacked Like Sookie said...

Hi @Nibbs,greetings from "sunny Australia" where it is currently snowing just up the road from me & we had -5C on Saturday morning. I'm gonna have to change my name soon coz my tit's will be frozen off!
Rant over. I got the new Sookie book couple weeks ago (yeah I'm ducking) but sadly I wasn't that fussed on it. Maybe coz I loved the previous one so much that I had unrealistic expectations for it. (BD anyone?) I'm trying to borrow the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo off a friend & she has the sequel aswell (name slips my mind) so that's my next. Read the first of the Black Dagger Brotherhood couple months ago. The best non-fiction I have ever read is without a doubt Mao's Last Dancer but ffic has been owning me for awhile now & am currently reading the University of Edward Masen. Got Jaxper, Emmett & even some slash fic's on story alert too so as far as ffic goes, I'll read anything.
Jaxper's hair is frightening me at the moment....as was the jacket he wore to MTV awards.....I want my scruffy haired, strange glasses wearing, skinny jeans & vest wearing Jaxper back ( miss him & wanna root him).
W/v- hypedpoo-I shit you not lol!