Thursday 30 September 2010

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Ghostbusters Logo



As some of you know, last March I took a good look at myself and decided I didn't really like what I saw. Physically, I mean. So, long story short, I began walking in the mornings. I've kept this up for almost eight months now, and when I look in the mirror now, I'm much happier at what I see reflected.



But that isn't what this post is about...



You may or may not be aware that I live in a pretty small town. I mean, like 500 people in the town small. Which is A LOT smaller than Forks, by the way.



Anyhoo, I've been going out and walking around the town in the mornings. Occasionally, I'll run into friends who are also out walking or jogging. This post is about a couple of them...and what they saw.





Now, when I go out to walk at 6:00-ish in the morning, it. is. dark. But I'm ok with that. I'm familiar with the streets, and the people on them. But the other day, something happened to make me question walking.



In the dark.



By myself.



Two friends of mine (I'll go with the term friends because we have kids the same age and are at the same activities together a lot...you know, forced friendship) go jogging together in the mornings. BTW, I do not jog. Chicks with big tits shouldn't jog. It's painful, both to watch and to do. But I digress...



I would trust both of these ladies to always tell the truth. They are not flighty or flakey. They are the kind of women that, when they tell you something, you believe it...until now.



They. Saw. A. Ghost.

Slimer
I don't think it was this one though.





Now, I read a lot of books with supernatural stuff in them. Vampires. Werewolves. Fairies. Witches. Goblins. Giants. Dragons. Shapeshifters. There are more, but I'm not going to take the time to list them all.





Grace

[Side note...for some reason listing all of these made me think of this line: "Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude. " Ahhh...gotta love Ferris Bueller's Day Off!]



Why am I having trouble believing in a ghost? I don't know. Perhaps it's because all those things listed above are in books...not real life.



So, what did I do?



I went ghost hunting, that's what! Yes, I braved the dark and scary street. All by myself. In the dark. And I saw...





Nothing.



But I gotta be honest with you. Before I turned down the street, I took a deep breath and pulled out my ear buds so I could hear any mysterious ghosty sounds. Then I took off walking.



Fast.



And I promise you this, if someone had snuck up behind me and yelled "boo," I would have simultaneously shit my pants and judo chopped them in the head.





Yep, I'm that good.



Photobucket

Still my favorite pic...



PS...I did this post, pictures and all, all by myself. You should be proud of me.


TwiWeasel out.

3 comments:

TwiWeasel said...

Yep, I did it all by myself, which is why the pictures are fucked up. *sigh* It looked fine when I previewed it. I'm just gonna blame stupid blogger.

sassykassie1 said...

Hey the pics look great to me.

OMFG "I would have simultaneously shit my pants and judo chopped them in the head. Yep, I'm that good." LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

I would never go actively seeking out ghosts, if you do find one I'd love to hear all about it.

TwiWeasel said...

@Kassie (I'm too lazy to type the whole thing out)...Glad I could make you laugh!! I have my doubts that they actually saw a ghost. I think it had something to do with the bug zapper light thingy that's out there. That, and the fact that it is one of the darkest streets in town due to all the trees. *shrugs* Whatever. If I do discover any ghosts, I'll be sure to let you know all about it.

BTW...LOVE your avi!!